Day 10 – Maintain Your Joy
“Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out the wells of salvation.” Isaiah 12:3
I believe that “it’s our drawing pot” to receive from God. Satan wants us to get so overwhelmed by our current situation, the way things appear, and the stubbornness of our circumstances that we lose our joy.
Depression is a depletion of joy. The Bible also tells us that “the joy of the Lord is your strength” (Neh. 8:10). So when we lose our joy, we lose the strength to stand in faith and to continue fighting the “good fight of faith.”
As you go through these Faith Stretching Exercises this month, be intentional about what you watch on TV, listen to, and even talk about, so you can maintain your joy and keep standing in faith.
Here are several ways to maintain your joy:
1. Shout for joy (Psalm 35:27)
2. Dance for joy (Jeremiah 31:13
3. Sing for joy (Ephesians 5:19; Zephaniah 3:17)
4. Come to church and fellowship with other believers (Psalm 100; Hebrews 10:25)
5. Share your praise report with others (Acts 15:3)
Faith Stretching Exercises:
1. Read and practice the above scriptures.
2. Wake up each morning and sing a song unto the Lord (even if no one else wants
to hear you, because you’re singing to the Lord, not them).
3. Share your testimony with someone today.