The History of Right Direction Church International
July 1995 – Pastor Bailey visits Columbia, South Carolina and hears from God to establish RDCC in Columbia
Sept. 1995 – Pastors Herbert and Marcia Bailey, along with their four young children Chandler, Tyler, Daniel and Kindra, move over 700 miles away from family and friends to make Columbia their home
Jan. 1996 – The ministry is born in the living room of Pastors Baileys’ rented home through a weekly Bible Study where the Bailey family along with three other adults and one child become the 10 charter members of RDCC
April 1996 – RDCC holds its first worship service in the former Holiday Inn Express on St. Andrews Rd., where membership grew to 40 members
Sept. 1996 – RDCC begins hosting its services in the Postal Workers Union Hall located at 4921 Broad River Rd., where the congregation grew to nearly 60 members
June 1998 – RDCC relocates to 3801 River Drive
March 2001 – RDCC acquired and relocated to its first property at 1230 St Andrews Rd., a 20,000 sq. ft. facility.
Dec. 2001 – Weekly Sunday attendance soared to over 600 people, with 300 people attending Wednesday Bible study. Pastor Marcia created Women’s Bible Study at noon on Fridays and the noonday “Wednesday Bible Break” was created
Jan. 2003 – RDCC pays off the $850,000 balance on the 1230 St Andrews Rd property and enters the world of broadcasting by launching the Direction for Life television broadcast
Feb. 2003- RDCC purchases 22 acres about a half-mile north of the St. Andrews Rd. location at 3506 Broad River Road
Jan. 2004 – RDCC begins The Worship Center building project on the Broad River Road land, which included a new sanctuary boasting an innovative “sprung structure” design
July 2004 – RDCC moves into the Worship Center, commemorated by a road-blocked march from the St Andrews Rd. location to the new sprung sanctuary
Aug. 2004 – RDCC purchased the 20,000 sq. ft. business complex at 1234 St Andrews Rd.,which now houses Right Direction’s administrative offices and The Hub Learning Center
Dec. 2005 – RDCC pays the $2 million balance on the Worship Center at 3506 Broad River Rd.off in full, only 1.5 years from its completion. RDCC goes on to purchase an additional 17 acres on the property bringing the total to 40 acres
Oct. 2006 – RDCC plants a campus in Orangeburg, South Carolina
Nov. 2007 – Construction begins on the $4 million Family Life Center (FLC) project
Oct. 2008 – The FLC, which hosts conferences, recreational events, community concerts, theatre productions and church fellowships, opens to the public
Oct. 2010 – RDCC plants a campus in Florence, South Carolina
Jan. 2011 – RDCC was renamed Right Direction Church International (RDCI), emphasizing its mission to “empower the world”
Jan. 2014 – The vision and mission of RDCI is refreshed emphasizing empowerment through the teaching of faith principles, whole life prosperity and transformative thinking.
Jan. 2015- Construction begins on the $2 million Children’s Ministry facility project.
Nov. 2015 – “Kids Town,” which houses children first through 5th grades for their own Children’s Church and special events, has its grand opening.
Apr. 2016– RDCI celebrates 20 year of ministry